This policy governs the use and disclosure by us of personal information of our users and outlines how users can access that information. It is only applicable on the assumption that:
- You provide us with all information marked as compulsory on the relevant application forms
- You warrant that all information provided to us is complete, accurate and up to date at all times
Information collection and use
We may collect or maintain the following types of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
This information will be collected with your knowledge and participation. If you choose not to provide this information we may decline to accept your registration.
We use this information to: improve your browsing experience; fulfil your order; respond to your customer service requests; send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you; administer your account and the website; assess your personal needs or the needs of your business, to determine suitable products; send you general (non- marketing) commercial communications, send you email notifications which you have requested; send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology; provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and to protect against fraud and abuse.
Cookies and related technologies
Cookies are a small file stored in the browser on your device.Cookies dropped by us or third parties may also be used to track how you use the site to target ads to you on other websites across the internet.
A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer.
We will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless compelled to do so by law.
The personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To administer our network;
- For billing purposes;
- If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com; or
- For any other purpose for which you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used.
Disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Your personal information may be disclosed, and you hereby irrevocably consent to such disclosure, in the following circumstances:
- To our authorised officers and our agents for the purpose of administering our network or for billing or credit collection purposes;
- To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- Under compulsion of law, for example if a warrant or court order is received or such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health;
- If Purple Line Pty Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; or
- To you or with your consent.
Otherwise we will use reasonable endeavours to avoid the disclosure of your personal information, save that aggregated demographic information may be disclosed so long as the information is unable to identify you or any other individual.
Accessing your personal information
You can contact us to request a copy of your personal information by emailing our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. The Privacy Officer shall attend to your request on a confidential basis within fourteen (14) days of the request being received. No fee will be levied for access to this information.
Refusal of access
Access of your personal information may be refused if:
- Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- Providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request is frivolous and vexatious; or
- Denial of access is authorised or required by law.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information collected about you. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, or deactivate your account by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us via other avenues specified on our Contact Us page. Should personal information that you know has been collected about you change, it is your responsibility to bring the changes to our attention.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will endeavour to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible. Without limitation, registration information is not accessible over the Internet, but only from a secure password-protected internal workstation.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to 3rd party sites
Use of Non-personal information
You acknowledge and agree that any testimonials or feedback you provide to us may be used for training and/or marketing purposes. We reserve the right to use any testimonials or feedback for any purpose at our sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback you provide may be shared with third parties via social media and associated programs.
You acknowledge that you relinquish any proprietary rights you may hold over information, data, or opinions that you provide to us by way of a testimonial, complaint, or feedback.
If you wish to update or delete your testimonial or feedback, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
Purple Line Pty Ltd
12 Capital Court, Braeside VIC 3195, Australia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No.: +61 3 9588 2959